Wednesday, October 29, 2003

Raindrops and chocolate chips

It's been raining all day, and we've had severe thunder storm warnings, but so far I haven't heard any thunder. All I hear is the rain.. and more rain. It's nice though, a rainy day every once in a while is good. Good days to curl up on the couch under a blanket with a book, or pop in a bunch of movies and get some popcorn going. Maybe sit, watch the movie, and crochet or something. I rarely do just one thing at a time, I have to do something with my hands. When I was younger and still lived at home, on rainy fall days I'd get the urge bake. Fall makes me want to bake anyway, I guess because of the cooler weather, and because of the holidays, but rainy days are great days to make some goodies. I don't like to cook, but I do like to bake. I'd bake double batches of chocolate chip cookies, or sometimes peanut butter or oatmeal raisin, depending on what we had in the house. I could do it then, because I had 5 siblings, parents, and a steady stream of visitors who would eat everything, sometimes as fast as we could bake them. Our house was the neighborhood hangout for our friends, and we always had plenty of people around, cuz we had a big house, a yard with a pool, and the neighborhood cool mom. I think she mostly just let us all hang there, because that way she knew what we were all up to. She still didn't know most of what we were up to. I know this, because we're all still breathing. :::hehehe::: Here, it's just me and J, and he doesn't eat that many sweets. He's more a chip kinda guy. That means I'd be forced to eat it all myself, and I don't need to do that. I could bake stuff and give it away, but I know better than that. It wouldn't make it past the front door. LOL

No comments: