Sunday, October 26, 2003

Watching Small Soldiers

The movie Small Soldiers just started on TBS. I like this movie. It reminds me of when I was little, and I was sure that my toys came alive when I was asleep. They would fight and dance and play, and do all kinds of stuff they couldn't do in the day, when they had to lay still and be my toys. But my childhood delusions aren't the point. The point is that this movie is pretty cool, at least I like it, and that's all that matters, really. When I think about it, I think "How cool would that be to have toys this interactive". Then again, as the movie shows, sometimes things that seem like they are something you would really love, don't turn out the way you would hope. Be careful what you wish for, cuz you just might get it isn't a popular saying for nothing. I just wonder what kids who watch this movie think. If I was little when I first saw it, would it give me nightmares? Or would it just confirm what I had suspected all along, and make me determined to try to catch my toys acting up. Hard to say, cuz the things that most kids are scared of, like the flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz, never bothered me. The Wizard scared me a little, when he was behind the curtain, but I was okay with the monkeys and the witches. Anyway, I guess I'll go finish watching the movie. I just realized the kid who plays Alex is Gregory Smith from Everwood, and the mutant Barbie doll voices are Buffy and Christina Ricci.. ya learn something new every day.

No comments: