Friday, November 21, 2003

Ding Dong the Beast is Dead...

Today was trash day, and the beast went bye-bye. It's off my lawn, and outta my life. The really beautiful thing about it is that I get to laugh at J, cuz once again he was wrong! wrong! wrong! We argued for 20 minutes on Saturday, at least that long, before we went to get my new bed, about the right way to dispose of "the beast", and he was trying to tell me that I shouldn't even remove it from my house. I had a huge headache by the time he was done trying to tell me what to do, and that I was being stubborn. He said I should wait until I could call the City on Monday, to let them know it was out there, and see if I had to arrange for some special bulk pickup to come get it or something. I told him it didn't matter, I wanted my bed, I wanted "the beast" outta my room, and if it had to, it could sit in the back yard until they could come get it, if it couldn't be put out with the regular trash. He tried to tell me that I could get a fine for putting it out there on the curb, and they wouldn't take it because it was so big. I honestly don't know what the heck that boy smokes sometimes! I, being stubborn and pretty much determined to get my way, said I didn't give a shit what he thought, and I was getting my new mattress that day, and if he didn't want to help me, I would manage to get "the beast" out of my house myself, and he wouldn't have to be responsible for it or worry about it. Today, the trash guys came, I never did call the City, we just pulled it out to the curb and left it there, and they just picked it up, put the end of it in the lip of the truck, closed the gate thingy down onto it, and pretty much just kept messing with it, until the truck swallowed the beast whole. No fuss, no muss, no problem, and "the beast" is nothing but a bad memory. And I was right.... yet again! hehehe

No comments: