Saturday, November 29, 2003

DVDs KILL

AOL News - Woman Knocked Unconscious While Shopping

I read this story today, and, I know this is really sick and twisted, but I just about busted a gut laughing. Not because the woman got hurt, of course, I feel sorry for her and can't believe something like this could actually happen, and that people are this uncaring and unaware, not to mention cheap, that they would trample someone underfoot to save a few bucks.. Happy Holidays!

The thing that cracked me up was this part "Paramedics called to the store found VanLester unconscious on top of a DVD player, surrounded by shoppers seemingly oblivious to her". Walmart is totally sympathetic to her peril and her pain, and they "apologized and offered to put a DVD player on hold for her", so the day wasn't a total loss for her. I wonder if that's the pungent smell of a lawsuit I smell in the air. Wouldn't suprise me. Although, maybe not, after all Walmart said ''We are very disappointed this happened,'' and ''We want her to come back as a shopper.'' Maybe their heartfelt apology and sympathy will be all she needs.




No comments: