Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Why did I do it! WHY!

I just watched "8 Simple Rules", and I knew it was gonna be sad. I knew better. I hardly ever watched the show when John Ritter was alive, because it was always on at the same time as Gilmore Girls or Smallville or something, so I only caught 2 or 3 episodes, but I always wanted to watch it more. It's one of the reasons I need to get TiVo. But I turned it on anyway. As expected, the tears were flowing and I have noone to blame but myself. I was mostly ok, a few tears, until Katie was in the bedroom talking to her mom about their plans and all. That was it. I couldn't stop thinking about how it must feel to lose someone you love like that, and to be in the bedroom you shared, looking at the bed, and seeing his things in the room, knowing he wasn't ever coming back. How do you make yourself get back into that bed alone? I think I'd have to change rooms..and maybe buy a new bed. Hell, I might have to move. On the other hand, maybe being in the bed you shared would be one way of staying close to him, and to move would be erasing part of him, and all you have left. I don't know, because thus far in my life I've never had to experience anything like that. I know most people aren't that lucky. I know it's too much to ask, but I hope I never do.

No comments: