Tuesday, December 09, 2003

The Ice Cream Man is Cooominnng..

Okay, so it's not the ice cream man, it's really the cable man, but that's almost as good. Actually better, I get better cable entertainment, the company of a hopefully cute guy for am hour or so, and no nasty fat or calories to worry about. Perfect! He's coming to hook me up a new line in my living room for the T.V., because j has been promising to hook it up for me.. get a splitter and some cable, and crawl under the house or whatever he has to do, etc... but he, thus far, hasn't done it, and I got sick of waiting so I broke down and called the cable company to have them come do it for me. I figured, while they are here, I'd have them hook me back up with the digital cable boxes, so I can get HBO and Cinemax, and all that good stuff. I haven't had it for a while, I've just had the regular extended cable with no box and no pay channels, because I was trying to save money and stuff, but I'm sick of having no pay channels, and I'm sick of watching SITC by downloading it from Kazaa. So, he's coming today between 2 and 5, and that means I gotta sit here and wait. Not that I was planning on going anywhere anyway, cuz I have no life, but now I can't even if I wanted to. I'm also waiting on the UPS guy to bring me my new CD burner. I got it from Overstock.com last week, and I've been waiting for it. I checked the tracking on it, and it said it left Atlanta on Monday.. or was it Sunday?.. anyway, I'm thinkin' it should be here today. Which is another reason I can't leave the house. I desperately need to go to the store, too. I have nothing in my house to drink. I have about a third of a bottle of Coke here, and when that's gone, I'm SOL. I have no sugar, so I can't make any Kool-Aid, and even if I did I can't make any, because I have no water. I used the last of it yesterday. I could make unsweet tea, I s'pose, and that's probably what I'll end up doing, but I'm really not in the mood for tea today.

My tap water in this house is totally undrinkable. It smells disgusting, and tastes like ass, and it's just gross. It's well water, and I've never lived in a house with well water before. You should see what it did to my bathtub! The thought that I bathe in this water gives me the willies, and I haven't felt truly clean since we moved in here, so that's just one more reason why I really think I'm going to have to move ASAP. I'm hoping I get a decent tax check, cuz I can use that to move with if I do. I don't want to move, because I really, really hate moving. I hate it..really, really a lot. I hate looking for places, I hate packing, I hate the disruption of everything while you try to get unpacked and settled, while still having to work and function with your normal day-to-day crap. I have the worst luck with phone companies and cable companies whenever I attempt to move. Nothing is ever right. I always end up with either no phones or no cable for at least a day or two, while I wait for them to get things installed right. The thought of it gives me a headache, but sometimes you just gotta do what ya gotta do. I also hate to leave this neighborhood, because I like this street. It's quiet, the neighbors are pretty friendly, noone bitches when the dogs get loose.

Where I used to live, the neighbors were constantly bitching about the dogs being loose, and it's not like I let them run. They are just little miniature Houdinis, and very fast, and they get out. They don't listen to me when I call them, they just flip me off and run the other way, and they laugh their asses off. Because they know I won't beat them. When J calls them, they come running. I get no respect! It's strange because they're my dogs, and they totally love me. They're up my butt 24/7, following me whenever I leave the room like my own personal doggy entourage. They listen to me when I yell at them or correct them inside the house, but once they get outside they just lose their minds and don't listen to me AT ALL! Last night, Jazmine got loose, and I kept trying to get her in the house, but she wouldn't come in, so I was just kidding around, I didn't think it would actually work, but I pretended to be J, I tried to disguise my voice to sound like him, and I called her, and she actually came trotting right into the house. Bitch! I about died from laughing, cuz I couldn't believe it actually worked, but she's on to me now so it didn't work this morning. I think I better go try and get her to come in again before the UPS girl shows up, cuz she's afraid of the dogs. I may not be able to get her to come when I call, but I got hot dogs, and a she can be bought!

No comments: