Thursday, December 04, 2003

Oh Gawd..Gimme a Freakin Break!

I got this email forwarded to me today by my mom. She is one of those who is big on forwarding all the email crap that goes around, and most of it I just delete, cuz I can't be bothered. For some reason, I opened this one to see what it was about, and this is the crap I get.

Please!!! Don't buy the new Pepsi can.

Pepsi has a new "patriotic" can coming out with pictures of the Empire State Bldg. and the Pledge of Allegiance on them.

But, Pepsi left out two little words on the pledge, "Under God." Pepsi said they did not want to offend anyone..

If this is true, then we do not want to offend anyone at the Pepsi corporate office.
If we do not buy any Pepsi product then they will not receive any of our monies. Our money after all does have the words "Under God" on it.

Please pass this word to everyone you know--let your voices be heard. We want the words "Under God" to be read by every person who buys a can of Pepsi."

How the heck can you win with this politically correct crap? If Pepsi doesn't put "under God" on their can, they get this crap, but how much you wanna bet if they did put in on there, they would have the anti-religion people screaming boycott because they were trying to force religion on them, or discriminating against the non-religious people blech! Get a life people! If the biggest problem these people have is they don't have the words "under God" on their Pepsi can, they're doing pretty good. Who the heck starts this crap?? There was something I read not too far back about some other product that people were protesting because of the same type of thing, I wish I remember what it was now, but it was a while back. Is it someone's job to examine every product, or potential new packaging design, and sniff out these atrocities? For the record, I would prefer the words "under God" be left in, too. I'm not particularly religious, but I consider myself to be pretty spiritual and I do believe in God and all that crap. That's me, and I don't ask anyone else to believe as I believe, or care what they believe, and the words on a Pepsi can are not going to affect my beliefs one iota. Am I about to flip out and start boycotting products that choose not to include the words..uhh.. No! If people weren't such asshats, then Pepsi wouldn't have to leave the words off for fear of alienating or discriminating against people, and still end up getting this crap because they were attempting to be politically correct.

Update: I found this link, it was the Dr. Pepper thing I was talking about that I had heard earlier. Dr Pepper and Pepsi Ignore God?

No comments: