Thursday, February 26, 2004

Death By Cheesecake!

I haven't really been sticking to the whole Atkins thing, but have still been dieting, etc. I tried to do the Atkins diet plan, but I have done some reading on it, have seen several news pieces on it on the local news here, etc., and from all reports if you cut your carbs way down, your body doesn't only take it's energy from the fat stores, it takes it from other organs like your kidneys, etc. I don't know if that's true or not, but just in case it is, I'm not taking any chances. Anyway.. the point. I have been eating the way I've always been told is a healthy way to eat, and the way I dropped all my weight before, and so far it seems to be working. Except.. I think I may have cut my carbs more than I realized and last night I paid for it. When I was at the store last night, I got hungry waiting for the cab, so I got some crackers. Then, I decided to buy myself one of those individual slices of cheesecake, I didn't even really want it .. I don't know why I bought it except it was almost out of habit, because I usually buy myself a "treat" when I go shopping. I thought about cupcakes or cake or cookies..and I didn't want them. No interest at all! I thought to myself "Hell, the diet has kicked in, cuz the sweet tooth seems to be dead" But still.. I bought the cheesecake. Then, when I got home I went ahead and ate the cheesecake.. just because it was there. Damn it was goood! Then, about 15 minutes later my stomach cramped up and I was in some serious pain, and I then had to sprint for the bathroom. I won't go into details about what happened in there..let's just say, it wasn't pretty, and it tied me up for about 20 minutes. So, on the one hand I'm glad to see that the sweet tooth is dead, and I can now pass up cake (my arch enemy) and cookies with no problem, and I will not give in to the cheesecake "just because I can" demon next time I shop, on the other hand, it's pretty sad when a couple crackers and a little piece of cheesecake will practically kill you cuz your body isn't used to the carbs. :::Sigh::. goodbye cheesecake, goodbye chocolaty, yummy cake and cookies.. I guess it's nothing but salad and healthy eating for me from now on. What is this world coming to...

No comments: