Monday, February 09, 2004

A Little Rant To Start The Day Off Right

Early Monday morning, and here I am hard at work. Well, not technically, since I'm actually blogging, but right after I finish this post I'll be hard at work. I've got about three hours before Jen shows up this morning for her training, so I figured I'd sit and try to catch up a bit on the stuff I didn't get done over the weekend. Which I would be doing, if I didn't decide to post something first. I have a little rant this morning that I thought I'd share. Ready? Here goes! Cigarettes are the most disgusting, vile habit in the world. Yeah, I know that's just my opinion, and I'm not one of those who preaches to people about not smoking, but it grosses me out to no end. It makes your clothes stink, your hands stink, your hair stink, your breath stink, your house stink, your car stink, and everyone who has the misfortune to be in proximity to you while you do it, they get the pleasure of not only smelling your stink, but stinking like you, too. When the first thing you do in the morning is grab a cigarette and start blowing carcinogens into your own living space, that is one thing. It's entirely another thing, to come into my room with your noxious fumes and sit in my bathroom, with the door open..usually the tiniest room in the house to start with.. and smoke while on the toilet, blowing your nastiness into the bathroom, making it stink like smoke, dropping ashes on the floor you don't bother to clean up, and allowing your stinkfest to waft into my room, so that I can't breathe the entire time you are in the bathroom. Then, for quite a while after you leave, my room and the bathroom both stink to high heaven, unless I get up and stop what I'm doing, and go Fabreze the bathroom and my room, so not only do I get subjected to second hand smoke, can't breathe, and have to clean your mess, I have to be interrupted from my work or pleasures, to rid my living space of your foul, putrid odor. If you must smoke, please keep your life-sucking nastiness to yourself.. thank you!

No comments: