Saturday, February 28, 2004

Mmmmmm..MMmmm... Good...

I christened my new crockpot last night, and this morning I woke up to a big pot of warm, very yummy stuff for breakfast. I made some oatmeal. I usually ain't a real big breakfast eater, though I love cereal for dinner..Lucky Charms and Cap'n Crunch with Crunch Berries are my favorites.. and I'm generally not a big oatmeal eater, but I decided to try this one anyway. It was really, really good. I put in tons of apples and extra cinnamon, and it tastes kinda like apple crisp Mmmmmmmmm

Here's the recipe..

Deluxe Crockpot Oatmeal

Ingredients:
2 C milk
1/4 C brown sugar
1 T butter, melted
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 C quick cooking oats
1 C finely chopped apple
1/2 C raisins and/or dates
1/2 C chopped walnuts or almonds

Directions:
Grease the inside of Crockpot. Put ingredients inside Crockpot and mix well. Cover and turn on low heat. Cook overnight or 8-9 hours. Stir before serving.

No comments: