Friday, February 27, 2004

Stuff I Did Today

It's still freezing here in Jacksonville, but at least it stopped raining. I got my heat on about 75. I worked hard all day off and on, and I've got about one more hour to go before I'm done. It's almost 2:30 a.m., so I can be in bed by 4:00 .yippee! Then I get to get up and do it all again tomorrow. Sunday is the end of the pay period, so I'm definitely taking Monday and Tuesday off..well, at least Monday.

J got out of work late tonight and I didn't feel like cooking, so we all went out to Huddle House for dinner. It was about 11:00, so no way was I cooking at that time. For those who don't know, Huddle House is a Waffle House type place. I had some really yummy beef vegetable soup and a 6 piece chicken wings.. they were both really good, or maybe I was just really hungry. J and John both had these huge breakfasts with eggs, toast, bacon, sausage, grits, country gravy and biscuits. My stomach hurt just watching them eat all that, but they both finished it all. Then we drove to Blockbuster to return some movies we rented and get some new ones, but they were closed.. which really sucks! I think they closed earlier than they were s'posed to, and i've got half a mind to call and report it. I wanted to get Under the Tuscan Sun, Lost In Translation, and there was a couple more I wanted, but I can't think what they are at the moment. We ended up going to Wally World because I wanted to get the big bag of dog food and a few other things, but he wouldn't drive me to Super Wally World over on Normandy.. back across town where we just moved from.. so we had to go to the regular one on Beach, but they just built a Super Wally World behind this particular store that will be open March 17th (yeah!!!!) so this one had crap left, and I couldn't get some of the stuff I needed to get. I did get the dog food, a big bag of cat food, 3 DVDs - Ameican Pie 1&2 and Never Been Kissed with Drew Barrymore - and a crock pot. I was kinda stupid to buy a crock pot, because I know I could go to a thrift store and buy one, probably a practically new, really nice one, for probably less than half what I paid, but I decided to go ahead and buy a new one. I have a new recipe book of crockpot recipes, so I figured I'd go buy one. It's really cool, though. I like it. It's a Rival, it's white and has cherries on it, and it comes with a second mini crock pot. I'd post a picture of it, but I'm too lazy at the moment. The good thing is, the guy in Wally World said they weren't going to move the inventory they have left in that store to the new store, they are just going to sell out what's in there, and put stuff on clearance as it gets lower and lower.. I'm all excited about that, I can tell ya. I'll definitely be going to check out the clearance stuff...woohoo.. cheap stuff rocks!

No comments: