Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Happy St. Patty's Day..the Spendin' O' The Green

I got up early this morning and got in the shower, and waited for my sister to call me to say she was on her way. We did decide to go to the new Walmart. My sis-in-law has never been in a Super Wally World, because they don't have them in Massachusetts. At least not in the part of Mass we are from. She was all excited! The 7 of us piled in two cars and drove over there, and the place was so packed we had to park on the other side of the world. They had these little trolley car things coming around picking people up to drive them to the door. Now, that was pretty nice of em, I thought. They were handing out free cake and free little cups of ice cream at the door, and they had these costumed figures of Tony the Tiger and Ernie the keebler Elf guy roaming around the store. My nieces decided to follow the characters around the store and mess with them. They're such sweet children. They're 14 and 16..it's their job to be pains in the ass. Sue found herself a cart load of stuff to buy, and has decided to go home and start a letter writing campaign to bring Super Wally World to Mass. She said they probably won't do it though, the supermarkets in town raised a stink, that's why there isn't one there, so she didn't think they'd be putting one in. She could always move here, I pointed out, but she says its too hot here to live here permanently. She'll just have to live with her dinky regular Wally World, I guess. I found plenty to buy, too, unfortunately. I got 3 new shirts, a pair of pants, a couple CDs, a pair of cheap slip-on shoes, so I can slip them on my feet when I have to go outside in the yard, and stop ruining all my socks, some water, a wallet type thing.. nothing exciting. I almost bought an exercise bike, but they only had the kind that has the big fan-like front wheel. Those are way too noisy. I just want a regular wheeled kind. I think I may make him tote me to the flea market this weekend, and see if anyone has one there before I shell out full price for a new one. We then went to the McDonalds in the store, and I had a cheeseburger and a small chocolate shake. I haven't eaten at McDonalds for a pretty long time, and I usually love their cheeseburgers, but it was mighty salty. I don't know if they are always that salty, or if my taste buds are changed and I it was just me. The shake was good, but my stomach hurt when I was done. It's been a little off kilter since I stopped following the diet. I need to go back to eating the way I was eating, I felt good then. Now I feel like ca-ca. Tomorrow I go back to the healthy stuff! I was going to wait until Monday, cuz I figured I'd wait and start fresh at the beginning of the week, but my stomach is not loviong me, so I guess tomorrow is as good a day as any. My sister made a really, really yummy roast for dinner tonight, with broccoli and some corn, that didn't bother me at all. It wasn't the corned beef and cabbage she usually makes for St. Patty's Day, but it was still very good.

J got out of work early, and he called me when we were getting ready to leave the store, and he met me at my sis's. Anyway, I'm home now, and getting ready to buckle down and get some work done. They put a bonus out for today and tomorrow, so I'll be working hard. I had kinda wanted to go out tonight and have a couple drinks for St. Patty's Day, but nobody felt like going out, so I guess I'll sit here and work instead. Tomorrow I won't be hung over, and I'll have earned lots of cash. I think I'm officially old!

No comments: