Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Whew! I needed that...

Yesterday, I took the day off. I took the day off from work. I took the day off from the computer. I took the day off from cleaning. I pretty much just took the whole dang day off from everything. I didn't cook dinner, I didn't do any training...I did nothing. I didn't even shower! I just pretty much sat on the couch, laid in my bed, and read my book and watched movies and TV all day...and talked on the phone. I tried to blog a bit, but I just didn't have the mental energy to do it, so I retreated back to my bed. I watched American Pie, Never Been Kissed, and a whole lot of talk shows and totally worthless crap. I recently signed back up with Netflix, and I got three movies in on Saturday, so I started to watch those, but I got through the first one .."How To Deal", with Mandy Moore...and that one sucked ass so bad I fell asleep 15 minutes into it and took a two hour nap. So, I gave up on the movies and decided to watch TV instead. I would do a movie review for the movie, but I just don't feel like it at the moment, so I will just say that the reason I didn't like it was it was just kinda pointless. I think it was supposed to be about love and relationships and teenage coming of age crap, but I just didn't see any chemistry between Mandy and her supposed boyfriend, it was a lame relationship, at best, and .. well, I just couldn't drum up the least bit of interest in it. Ya know it's gotta suck, because I like Mandy Moore, I like the chick that plays her mom.. though I can't think of her name at the moment.. she played in "10 Things I Hate About You" as the guidance counselor..and I usually like this kind of movie. This one, I just didn't like.

I did talk to Brenda a zillion times, cuz she took the day off too, so she kept calling me to make sure I didn't give in and work. She'd call me to ask "Still loafing?", I'd assure her I most definitely was still loafing, and doing a bang-up job of it too, if I do say so myself.

Then, last night my sister called me. I forget why she called, but we ended up gabbing for 2-1/2 hours. My sister lives about 15 minutes from me now, and I still haven't seen her yet since I moved back to the Southside. She's busy with work and the kids and stuff, and I'm always working or doing whatever, so we don't seem to get a chance to really sit and just talk much anymore. That's why, whenever we do get each other on the phone, it usually is a marathon, couple hour conversation. I love talking to my sister, and I keep promising myself I'm going to do it more often, but then it never happens. Of course, J came in the room in the middle of the conversation, heard something I said, decided I was talking about him..which I wasn't..and started running his mouth. I kicked him outta my room and told him to mind his business and stay out of conversations when he didn't know what the hell he was talking about, and after the call ended we had a big fight. Of course, it was really, really stupid, because the fight was all because he was sticking his nose into things that aren't his business and assuming I was talking about him, when I wasn't, so It was actually a fight for no reason. So much for my relaxing day. He said some stuff that really pissed me off, especially since there was no reason for him to be pissed in the first place, and I pretty much told him as far as I was concerned, he could pack his bags and move out tomorrow. I really couldn't care less. The really funny thing is, that he was all upset because he thought I was talking about him living here and not paying me anything.. which, of course, he doesn't...but he gets embarrassed if I say anything about the fact he doesn't contribute, but not embarrassed enough to stop doing it and start paying his own way. I know I talk a lot of crap about J, but I do really love him..most of the time... but sometimes I just wish he would just go. He is the main source of stress in my life..and it's so peaceful, and quiet, and calm when he's not around..but, at the same time, he does help me, and he's one of the few people I know who is always there for me when I really need him. He does do stuff to try to make me happy once in a while, and I know he really does care about me, in his own twisted little way. I guess that's just the way relationships go. Some days ya love em, some days ya hate em.

No comments: