Friday, March 05, 2004

Ya know what's strange.. but really kinda nice at the same time? Well, I don't know that it's strange, exactly, but more kind of unexpected. I was watching Ellen..yeah, again!...and she has this habit, as lots of talk shows do now, since Oprah started the trend a few years back, of giving gifts to certain guests, and free stuff to the audience. She's always giving people stuff... Well, not me, which I think is just WRONG..I'm a good person, and deserving of gifts I think...but, she gives them to her guests. So, she gives people these gifts, that was the point, right, and when she gives gifts to her guests, even though they are famous, and rich, and could buy anything on the planet for themselves, they are always so touched and excited by the gift. The thing I think is really sweet about that, is these people could get the thing themselves, but they are just as excited as if it was something they had wanted but couldn't ever afford themselves. People are people, that's the point. See, there is a point to this, I knew I'd get around to it eventually. No matter who you are, rich or poor, famous or not, you can still find joy in the little things, and be touched by a kind gesture.

No comments: