Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Happy Tuesday

There's nothing much going on around here today. I talked to mom, and she told me that her friend's daughter wants to know if I'll train her to do transcription after Jenny's done training. I'm not sure if I want to do it, I'd have to talk to her and maybe have her come over and "test" for me, so I can try to guage how much work would be involved in training her. As long as she's got some basics in place already, and I don't have to train her from the ground up, I wouldn't mind training her. I don't mind training Jen, except I don't like the schedule we're on, and it's the only one we can do. Mom's friend isn't married and has no kids, so her schedule should be more flexible. If I can't do it just 3 days a week, and start after 1:00 in the afternoon, I ain't doin' it. It's not like I'd be really getting paid for it. I would be, in a sense, just like with Jen, cuz they train on my system, on actual jobs, and I get paid for the lines. But the number of lines they do isn't substantial, at least for the first few months. Plus, if I typed the same number of hours I spend with training, I'd get three times the number of lines done. With Jen, to add insult to injury, I pay her half my line rate. She's getting paid for me to train her! That's the deal she had with Brenda, so I agreed to it, not knowing what was going to be involved, but I won't do it again. I like Jen, and she helps me out, and I know she really needs the cash, so I don't have a problem with it, but in the future there will be no paying the trainees. I will get paid a little bit eventually, cuz when she is done training she'll apply at my company, and they pay a $600 referral bonus. Not too shabby! This new girl is living in my house, as it turns out. She bought the house I moved out of, after Princess Fatass and Cheryl got kicked out of it. Mom says she's a nice girl, and I know her mom, and she's really, really sweet, so I'm sure we'd get along. She's allergic to animals, I think, so I don't know what she's going to do being here all day with mine. Take lots of pills and stuff, I guess. My sister said she would like to learn too, but her problem is finding time to come do it. I told her take a terminology class, and I'd train her, but she works at the post office all day, then she does the soccer mom thing, and goes to church and stuff. She's busy all the time. She's just looking for something to do part time to make some extra cash, she's not looking to quit the PO, so she's in no big hurry to learn. She's been at the PO for a thousand years..or there abouts, and she started after she got out of the Navy, so she started with her Navy years included..she won't be quitting the PO in this lifetime, I don't think.
I need to go to the store today, at some point, but I really don't want to. Although, there is probably still an assload of half priced Easter candy leftovers, just sitting there waiting for me..hmmmm How many points or carbs are in 500 Cadbury eggs??? Cadbury eggs mmmmmmmm

No comments: