Wednesday, April 21, 2004

I Knew IT!

Chocolate cake addiction:

There is news today that people may actually get addicted to cake. That explains a lot! I have no control when it comes to cake, and stuff with frosting on it. I always thought I was just weak-willed and there was something wrong with me. Now, it turns out I'm just a victim of my addiction. Whew! That's a relief. Hopefully, now that they know this, they'll come up with some sort of pill..or I can get on the patch! Maybe they'll come in chocolate flavor.....

"People who say they are addicted to chocolate or pizza may not be exaggerating, according to U.S.-based scientists.

A team led by Dr Gene-Jack Wang of Brookhaven National Laboratory in New York report their findings in the April issue of the journal NeuroImage.

The researchers scanned the brains of normal, hungry people and found their brains lit up when they saw and smelled their favorite foods, in much the same way as the brains of cocaine addicts when they think about their next snort. "

No comments: