Saturday, April 03, 2004

I. NEED. CAFFEINE!!!

I'm sooo tired, all I want to do is lay down and take a nap, but I really, really need to get my ass to work. I haven't done hardly any work in three days. I've just been busy and stuff. Today I worked some, but then J came home and said he wanted to go to the drive-in with his friend's Mike and Christina. They want to go see Scooby Doo 2. So, I stopped working, hopped in the shower, and we drove all the way to the other side of town to meet them, but they didn't show up until 7:00..which is when the movie started. They said they were planning on going to the 10:30 show..but they didn't clarify that to J. There was no way I could go then, since I'd already not been working since 5:30, and had planned to be home by 10:00ish to get back to work. If I knew they wanted to go to the later one, I coulda worked til 9:00 or so, then went to the movie, and then came back after to finish work, but I couldnt stay off work all the way from 5:30 until 1:00, which is how long it will probably be before he gets home. C'est la vie.. I had J bring me home, and they picked him up here and took him with them. So, I don't get to see the movie, but I do get a nice peaceful, quiet house. Now, I just need to find the motivation to get my ass to work. You'd think the bigger bonus they put out this weekend would be enough..but apparently it's not. I have to call Lisa in Massachusetts tomorrow and tell her I won't be coming home next weekend for Stephanie's sweet 16 party. She'll be bummed, but I just can't do it. My sister laughs at me when I say "home" when talking about Mass, because I've been here for 9 years. She says this is home. I grew up there, it's where I'm from, and as long as I still have family and connections there, it will still be home. I wonder what my life would be like if I had stayed up there. I'd be working from home still, so the job aspect wouldnt be any different, but I'd probably be hanging out at Lisa's every day, and partying more. They always have something going on. They go camping and have big barbecues. Practically every weekend they have a bunch of people just hanging out at the house, drinking, and eating until they burst. My life would definitely be more active, and I'd get to see my babies...even though they aren't babies anymore. The youngest is 7 and the oldest 17. I'd get to hang out with Lisa, and I'd love that. I miss her sooo much. But, on the other hand, it's too dang cold and icky up there half the year, and I'd be miserable with that. Bottom line though, if my family wasn't down here now, cold or no cold I'd still probably be up there. To me, it doesn't matter where I live, if I didn't have my family and friends, it would be the wrong place.

No comments: