Sunday, May 09, 2004

Ear Infections Can Suck My Ass

I feel like POO! I may be about to die. This totally sucks!! This ear infection is killing me, and I don't have the energy to go to the ER and sit there waiting to see a doctor, so I asked my dad to take me to the doc tomorrow. I hate hate HATE doctors. I'll go for an ear infection, cuz I know all he'll do is give me some antibiotics and stuff, but for anything else you have to drag me kicking and screaming. Especially if I'm not sure what my problem is, because the thought that they might possibly try to come at me with a needle or something terrifies me enough to ensure that I don't go. I hate that, really. I'm an adult. I'm pretty rational in most cases, and I know that even if they come at me with some monster needle and impale me with it at maximum force, it will only hurt for a minute. It might hurt, it might sting, it might be really, really uncomfortable for a short length of time, but it won't kill me. Chances are, I have enough cushiony fat on my arms I probably would barely feel it, yet I'm terr-i-fied of needles. I've never ever even had blood drawn for lab tests or anything, because I absolutely refuse. I know I have to do it. I know I should. I need to. But, I dont. Luckily, all I have to do tomorrow is go in, show him my ear, get my drugs, and be on my way. If I live that long.

No comments: