Thursday, May 06, 2004

The End is Near...

Tonight's the night. The end of Friends is finally here. First Sex And The City, now Friends..what's next?? I'm so gonna be crying hard by the end of that show. I know, in my head, that it's not reeeaally the end of Friends, seeing as it's on a gazillion times in reruns every day, and it's not like they aren't going to play the last show again a few times over the summer...and then forever after that. Plus, you can totally buy the entire she-bang on DVD and watch all you like. But to know that it's over and there won't be any more episodes EVER, after them being around for close to an eternity, it's just so sad. I was reading comments on a post made at one of my regular reads today, and they were talking about how Friends sucks and it's not the end of an era, it's just a TV show, and that's true enough (well, not the sucking part), but when you consider what's left on TV now.. I think the end of Friends will put a serious hole in prime time TV. I would like to think good things, and have some hope for the new "Joey" show, and maybe it will actually be good..but, seriously, what are the odds?! There have been some spinoffs that have done really well, like Laverne and Shirley, and Frasier, but other than that, how many really have been truly successful for any length of time. I can't think of too many. All I know, is I'll be watching from the first second to the last tonight, and crying my eyes out by the end of it.

No comments: