Wednesday, May 19, 2004

I just got back from my final checkup at the doctor, and he says I'm going to live. Nothing has to be lopped off and sent to the lab or anything. My ears are all pink, shiny, and healthy again. I didn't even have to pay a co-pay, which I thought was fairly decent of them. Yippee for me! It was nice getting to spend time with my sis, we don't get to see much of each other, and I always enjoy getting to see her. We went to the doc, then she carted me to Albertson's so I could spend all my money on a bunch of garbage. I don't think I did too bad, actually. Most of what I got was on sale, and I only bought one package of Oreos for J and some Ben & Jerry's lowfat yogurt for "junk food", so I didn't think that was too bad of me, especially since not too long ago I would have just bought a 12-pack of cupcakes and ate them all by tomorrow...all by myself! I got some water and a 12-pack of Diet Coke with Lime..yuuuum..and some very sweet, really yummy watermelon. I haven't been sticking to any kind of diet lately, I haven't been too bad or eating a bunch of junk, I just haven't been specifically dieting. But I'm getting back on to the whole healthy eating kick again slowly. I've been eating salad every day for lunch and trying to watch what I eat. My sis says she's on this diet and she's lost 10 pounds in a couple weeks, but she eats no meat or dairy, and no processed foods or white bread. She eats brown rice, lots of veggies, beans, etc. Sounds pretty boring to me. I don't want to try to go on any diet that I know I can't follow for the long haul, and that sounds like one I'd have a really hard time with. I asked her about going out Friday, but she said she has to work on Saturday, so we might do a movie on Sunday. That gives me something to look forward to, anyway. It's nice to think about actually being able to get out of this house and do something ..out there..with the 3-dimensional people. I did kinda want to go out and do some kareoke and get a good drunk going, but I guess we can do that another night. Now, I gotta go take a nap. I'm beat!

No comments: