Saturday, May 22, 2004

Shoot me, please!

J told me this morning that his nephew, John, might be losing his apartment. He has to come up with $300 or he'll be out. I'm hoping that his dad or someone will give him the $300, or he'll figure something out. If he doesn't get it, and he loses his place, I'm hoping he'll decide to move in with his granny or his dad..or anyone else but us! I know, this is my place, I own this house, and I can just say no if it comes down to it. He has a mom, a grandmother, and a father, all with homes he can stay in. I assume he has friends. But, if he comes to me and asks if he can stay here, I'll break down and let him. Even though I really, really don't want him to. I like having my house be quiet, and not having someone sprawled out on my sofa every night. I like walking around in my undies, and not having to wear clothes to bed. Plus, I feel bad that he has to sleep on the sofa and I don't have a spare room for him to sleep in. I know, I'm demented. It's not my fault. It's not my responsibility. Why should I be inconvenienced? I am not responsible for the well-being of the everyone else. I just hate to see people unhappy or in trouble. He's just 19, and he's been through a lot. Again, not my fault, but I still feel like he's my nephew as much as J's, and I know what it's like to be young and need help. I'm crossing my fingers and praying, at this point, that I don't have to worry about it. Maybe he'll decide he doesn't want to live here, and he'd rather go to his mom's or granny's, because he says me and J argue too much, and J is a pain in the ass. Pray for me!!!!!!

No comments: