Monday, May 24, 2004

Weekend Stuff

I don't know where my time goes lately. I had big plans for posting this weekend, but it just didn't seem to ever happen. How do people who post 5 and 10 times a day every day do it? I just don't know. I had this big, huge long rant written Saturday night about J and how pissed off I was at him. We had a pretty big blowout, that I'll get to later, but I never posted the rant because I still have that paranoia that he will end up here someday, and a lot of what I had to say would have been pretty hurtful to him if he reads it. I saved it though, so I may post it on the new blog soon. I'm still deciding which way to go with that one before I launch it. So, it's pretty much still blank.

My weekend in a nutshell pretty much consisted of working on Saturday and being on the phone. I talked to half the world on Saturday. And then I slept. I've been sleeping a lot lately. I can't seem to stay awake. Catching up, I guess.

Sunday my sister picked me up about 12:00 and we went back to her house and hung around in her pool for a couple of hours just catching up and chatting about everything under the sun. Mostly about me and J, the family, her (happy) lack of a man...just your usual BS really. Then, we decided to go to Sam's but we didn't really go there, we decided to go see a movie instead. We went to see "13 Going on 30" that was a really cute movie. It was so nice to hang out with my sister, and to get to go to a movie I really wanted to see with someone who appreciated it. I can't go to girlie movies with J, so when we go to a movie it always ends up being something he wants to see. We pick the movies together, and it's always something I'd like to see, too, but there's usually 2 or 3 movies I'd like to see more that we don't ever get to see because he's not interested. Actually, if I said I wanted to go to one of them, he'd go with me, but he'd sit there through the whole thing obviously bored and poke fun at it, so it's not worth it to even bother. Consequently, about 90% of the the movies I really, really want to see have to wait until they hit the stores. I did really like the movie though. I thought it was going to be more of a teenage-y type movie, but it wasn't. I did want to see Mean Girls, but maybe we'll see that next time. We want to go see Raising Helen cuz we both love Kate Hudson and there's a few more we'd like to see, like that "Day after sunthin" disaster movie I can never remember the name of, so maybe we'll make this a regular thing. I didn't tell J we ended up at the movies, cuz I'd never hear the end of going to a movie without him. It's pretty pathetic, I know, and I was tempted to tell him just because it's pretty much bullshit that I'm 37 and have to hide the fact that I went to a movie with my sister from a grown man so he won't whine...or worse, bitch! because I didn't take him with me. I just didn't want to hear it. It's better to avoid the drama altogether and just not mention it.

AFter the movie, we went to Wally World, cuz she needed a few things and I needed some cat food and TP..and of course I found more stuff to buy. Cuz I'm talented like that. I got this huge..I mean HUGE "monster size mug" for my water. It's a 64-ouncer, and it's white with a water theme, with all kinds of water facts on it. I've been really slacking on drinking my water for a while now, and I need to get it back up to the right amount. I've been lucky to get 3 or 4 glasses a day lately, and have been drinking Diet Coke with Lime, sweet tea, or lemonade or Kool Aid, so I got this huge mug and I filled it up to the brim this morning, and I'm about halfway through it for today. I also bought a Crest Spinbrush, cuz I needed a new toothbrush, and I really, really love it. I've brushed my teeth about 6 times today already..LOL I'd been thinking about getting one for a while, but kept putting it off, thinking that I really didn't need a battery operated toothbrush, and maybe I wouldn't like it, but my teeth feel so sparkly and clean, I can't believe I waited this long to get one. I just may go brush em again! I got a few other things, but nothing exciting. Well, that was pretty much the extent of my big exciting weekend.

No comments: