Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Finally, I have a few minutes to sit down and get something posted. I just haven't had the time or desire for the past few days to write anything. I've been just working, trying to keep up on stuff around here and enjoying my new pool. Friday night, J called and said he was bringing Eric home for the weekend. His birthday was last week, and we hadn't gotten him anything, so we took him to see "The Day After Tomorrow" and went out to dinner. The movie was pretty good. It wasn't spectacular, but it did have some great effects and it was okay. That makes two Friday's in a row we went to the movies, I wonder if we'll go again this week..hmmm. Maybe. It's so expensive when you consider for a couple dollars you can see the same movie when it hits Blockbuster, or you can wait and buy it and watch it over and over for half what you spend at the theater, but I still can't help it. I love the experience of going to a theater, buying a ticket and a big tub of butter-flavored grease covered popcorn, a huge Coke, and some Junior Mints and watching a movie on the big screen..with the previews and stuff..is so much more fun. The one thing that bugs me about going to movies now is the advertising. Don't the theaters make enough money?? They sell you a 1.00 box of Junior Mints for 4.00 and charge you 4.75 for a big bag of popcorn and 15.00 to see the movie..and then ya gotta watch ads on top of it! Even DVDs sometimes have ads at the beginning of them during the previews. What's up with that?? I spent 22.00 for three tickets, 14.75 for ice creams and cokes and a big M&M cookie in the theater cafe while we waited for the movie, and then another 10.50 for a big popcorn and a Coke for during the movie..but I had a good time. If i have any money, I just may go again on Friday..or maybe I'll see if my sis wants to go out bar hopping on Saturday..hmmm.. decisions, decisions. Most likely, I'll probably end up where I usually end up.. doing nothing, sitting on my ass right here in this chair working. But, it's nice to think about having a life, even if you're delusional. Saturday, we ended up going to get the pool, and that was fun. It was hot as hell outside, so J was cranky, and the box wouldn't fit in the car, so we had to figure out how to get it home. It was pretty stressful, but it was worth it once it was all up and filled. So, that's pretty much where I've been since it's been filled, when I'm not working or sleeping, I've been in it. And..I'm going back in it once I finish this post. Which is now.. Byeeeeeeeeeee!

No comments: