Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Lisa called me tonight and told me they are having a big bash for the 4th, her brother and his wife and the kids are all going to Mass from Vermont for the weekend, the rest of the family will be there, and a whole ton of friends, and they're gonna cook out and already bought a whole shitload of fireworks. She told me to buy a ticket and come on up for the weekend. I would soooo love to go, but it's just too short a notice, and there's no way I can afford to go. If I went alone, its 325.00 and up for a ticket, because its a holiday weekend, and for the two of us it would be almost 700.00.. There's just no way. So, now I'm kinda bummed. I have been checking the fares lately and thinking seriously of buying a ticket for sometime within the next few months, but there's no way I could go for the 4th. I told them to take up a collection for me and I'd come up. So, I told J I would love to go but I couldn't afford for both of us, and so I was gonna go up by myself. He started bitching and moaning about how I won't take time off and say I can't afford to go camping or anything on a weekend with him, but I can take time and money to go up there. It's not like I am gonna go up there, because I can't afford to and can't take the time off on such short notice, but his attitude pretty much pissed me off. I told him that if I could afford for myself to go if I went alone, and it meant I could go home to visit by myself, I sure as phuque would go if that's what I want to do. I haven't been up there in almost 3 years. I don't know who the hell he thinks he is, but I felt like kicking him in the head. He'll be on vacation from school sometime in July, and he wants me to go camping with him. I like camping and I havent been in a while, but I don't want to go with him because he's a pain in the ass. Plus, on a weekend is when I make most of my money because I can usually get bonuses for working on the weekends. I ain't gonna give up 300.00 or 400.00 dollars to go sit in a tent, bored and irritated, and listen to him bitch. I can do that at home and make money. So, anyway, now I'm thinking I may try to put off a few things and make some arrangements and go up for the weekend of my birthday in August, from the 13th to 16th, or maybe the 17th., so I won't have to leave on my actual birthday. I don't know if he can get the time off, but I found a cheap flight that if I book real soon I can get round trip for 2 for 447.00. That's not too bad. I figure I'll call Lisa's boyfriend and tell him I'm coming, so he can make sure she doesn't go anywhere or plan anything that weekend, and tell him not to tell her. I tried to surprise her once before a few years back but I couldn't take it, and the morning I was scheduled to leave I called her and when she asked "So when ya coming up?", which is usually the first thing out of her mouth when I call, I blurted out "in about 6 hours, I'll be there by 11:00 a.m." I almost made it, but I caved under the pressure. So, the problem is, that if I book the flight and then it turns out J can't come with me, I'll have to leave without him, and then I'll have to listen to his crap. Not that I truly care, because he'll get over it, but the fact that I need to go through the bullshit at all pisses me off. I don't know. I guess I'll just have to decide if its what I want to do, if I can afford to do it, and if he comes he comes, and if he can't then screw him. He'll get over it. The worst thing, is he spent a night at his friend's house a few weeks back, and he keeps, every weekend or so lately, how he and John and Eric are going camping for the weekend.. but that's okay. He can go where he likes..I don't say anything to him, but he would give me shit if I went somewhere without him. I'm not gonna worry about it now, but I'm still pretty irritated.

No comments: