Monday, June 07, 2004

A Little More Harry Talk

Now that a few people I know have seen Harry Potter, and more reviews are in from people around the blogosphere who have seen it, I think the general concensus is that it's a great movie. Some Harry purists are all disappointed because it isn't perfect, but most say it was totally worth it. Now that I think about it though, there are a few things that I wish were different. Having read and loved all the books, I could follow and appreciate the movie, but for some who have never read the books there are some things that kinda need to be explained to get the full effect of the movie. This wasn't really the case with the first two, for the most part. I still really miss Dumbledore, and I was kinda disappointed that there wasnt much Snape, and Professor McGonagle is very scarce, that was kind of disappointing. I loved Emma Thompson and Gary Oldman..both were great. I loved Hermione punching Malfoy, that rawked! The Marauder's Map needed to be gone into more. The one thing I think I would change that would have made it just a tad better is I don't think they made enough of a big deal about Azkaban Prison and how terrible it is, and how awful the fact that Sirius had spent all that time there with the dementors. I think a bigger deal should have been made and more explanation given about the dementors and their role and effect on people, and effect on Harry in particular, also. It was explained, but sort of glossed over...at least I think so. I still love the movie, and can't wait to see it again, but people who never read the books may not get as much out of it as those who have.

No comments: