Sunday, June 20, 2004

Weekend Update

Well, I guess it's time again for an actual post. I spent time Friday in Wally World, where I spent the remainder of my money, so I will now be unbelievably poor until payday next Friday. Actually, I may be sub-poor.. in the hole.. overdrawn.. I can't be sure until stuff clears and I see what's left. I gave dad a check for father's day and had to tell him to hold it until Friday. He's used to that though, so it's no big deal. They kinda expect it. I couldn't help it though, I needed doggy food and some other stuff, and I had to buy some food type stuff because Eric is here for the weekend again. That means I have to feed him. I can get away with not feeding J, because he's a **cough cough** grownup, and he can feed himself, but Eric is 14 and a guest, so I guess he needs to eat. Besides, J will work him the whole weekend, making him clean his car and help clean the pool, and bring him to work with him to help him there, most likely, too. He doesn't mind though, because he'll give him a little cash, and he'll get to swim. So I guess it all works out. The three of them, J, Eric, and John, went to the beach on Saturday, thank Gaaawd. That meant they weren't hanging out here bugging me, and I got to hang out in the pool in peace and quiet for two hours..alone..and then got to work in peace for a little bit. Unfortunately, then they came home. Luckily, they dropped John off first, because he's the worst of the three of them. He's not bad, he's just loud and obnoxious, especially when the 3 of them get together. They asked me to go with them, but I said Hell No!

I did kind of want to go do the whole movie thing on Friday night, but now that I'm poor I couldn't. I thought we might go see Dodgeball or TheTerminal or something, but it works out better this way. Instead oif spending 50.00 on dinner and one movie with some popcorn and soda, we went and rented 5 movies from Blockbuster, went out for BBQ spare ribs for dinner at Sonny's, and I even got a big Hershey bar with almonds and some Junior Mints.. ymmm.. all for about 37.00. Now we're poooooooor, but we had a good time. We rented Timeline, Paycheck, Eurotrip, Calendar Girls, and Scary Movie 3.. I actually watched all 5 of them, that's something new. Usually J picks stupid ones I have no interest in, but this time he actually got two I didn't mind watching, Scary Movie and Eurotrip. Scary Movie was lame but that's pretty much the point, so it wasn't too bad, and Eurotrip, though sorta stupid, was actually entertaining. I love the "Scotty Doesn't Know" song. It goes like this:

Hey!!!!!!

Scotty doesn't know,
That Fionna and me,
Do it in my van every Sunday.

She tells him shes in church,
But she doesn't go,
Still shes on her knees, and...

Scotty doesn't know, oh.
Scotty doesn't know-oh.
So don't tell Scotty!
Scotty doesn't know,
Scotty doesn't know.
SO DON'T TELL SCOTTY!

Calendar Girls was good too, but I expected it to be, since it's a chick film and I'm really into them. Then the other two that I picked out were really, really good. I didn't expect them to be, based on the reviews. I checked them when I got home and was kinda disappointed, thinking they were gonna suck, but luckily I'm easily entertained and pretty low brow, so I enjoyed the hell outta Paycheck and Timeline. I really love time travel type movies anyway, so I liked them both, and am glad I didn't check the reviews first or I may not have gotten them. Neither of them were spectacular "gotta see em" movies, but I was thoroughly entertained.. and that's enough for me.

Yesterday, me and my sis headed over to mom's to give dad his father's day cards and stuff, cuz my sis and nephew had to leave this morning for Washington for a week, for some kind of school trip. School's been out since the end of May, but they're going this week. It worked out okay though, cuz I got to get out of the house and spend time with my sis, and my nephew stayed here and hung out with Eric while we ran over there. Today, the little girl down the street came over and asked if she could hang out and get in the pool. Since Eric was here, I told her she could hang out with him and go swimming if she wanted. She's 12, and her name is Catlin.. or Cat.. and she used to live in this house before Danny bought it. She comes over and plays with the dogs sometimes, and she seems like a good kid. Then me and J ended up jumping in for an hour or so with them, and we all came in so I could go to work (which, as you can see, I'm not doing) and they cooked up some corn dogs and pizza for themselves for lunch, and are now playing Nintendo 64 in the other room and having a good time. It just started storming about 15 minutes ago, with big boomers and lots of lightning, so I expect the power will be going off here real shortly. I suppose before it does, I should get some actual work done...either that, or take a nap..hmmm decisions decisions...

No comments: