Friday, August 13, 2004

A STORM'S A-BREWING

Busy day today. We've been running around like crazy people, trying to find stuff to get ready for the big storm heading this way, and Im freakin'. Hurricane Charlie is headed this way, and they're predicting big winds and lots of rain. I, of course, waited until the last minute to decide to freak out, and run out and try to find water and batteries and stuff. Nobody had D batteries ANYWHERE..so we have flashlights with no batteries, and I couldn't find water, flashlights, or anything else I wanted. We ended up stopping at a Pep Boys auto place, and they actually had water and a 10000 candlepower ..or something like that.. lantern. SCORE! So, I have candles, I have water, we filled up the tub, I got tape for my windows, we bought ice in case the power goes out to keep the food cold. I think we're all set.. as long as the roof doesn't blow off or get crushed by a falling tree. I may be crouched in a closet or sitting in the doorway for the majority of the night. Mom and dad went to Di's for the night, because they live in the mo-bile home, and we didn't want them to blow away. We were going to do the same thing, but we decided to stay here, because of the puppies and kitties. They're gonna freak out enough with us here, if they were alone I can imagine how freaked out they'll be. Eric is here for the night now, too. They live in a really crappy mobile home in Sin City, and he was scared to stay there. I just hope this thing goes by and nobody gets hurt. The thing that really sucks, aside from the destruction and impending power outages I'm sure we're in for, is me and Di were supposed to go out tomorrow night for my birthday to do some kareoke and get drunk, and if it doesn't stop storming, we won't be able to go out. That's the real tragedy in the whole thing, really. My birthday is Monday. I'm not expecting big things. I know I won't get anything from J, Di will take me out and pay for my drinks, and mom and dad will give me cash. woohoooo. I guess the good thing is, I get cake. Cake is good. Happy birthday to me.. big whoop. Yesterday, we got part of the other storm that went through, and a tornado touched down a few blocks from my house. I had no clue, until my mom called to see if I blew away or not. It took the air conditioning unit and part of the roof off a restaurant, and knocked down trees and power lines.. all that happened here is it rained really hard and the winds blew a little hard. I'm hoping that Charlie does the same thing. A few years ago, they predicted this huuuuuge hurricane was coming through here, and we evacuated and drove a few hours away to stay in a hotel cuz we were so scared. It was gonna be this big, huge storm with massive destruction.. it was a complete dud! I'm hoping this one turns out to be the same way. I guess I'll go finish battening down the hatches, just in case, and pray that my power doesn't go out..and my roof doesn't blow off.

JOKE FOR YA!
Whats the difference between a hurricane and a redneck divorce.. ?

Either way, someone's fixin to lose a trailer.

Okay, so I think I told that one before, but it's still pretty funny.


No comments: