Sunday, October 21, 2007

A Little "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" at Hogwarts

 




I stole this pic from someone's blog and forgot to copy the address..sorry if it was yours. :O)

So, J.K. Rowling has pubicly "outed" Dumbledore! In case you haven't heard, she announced that Dumbledore was gay..saying, 'I've always thought he was gay". Well, she would know being the author, wouldn't she? So, what does that mean? why come out with something like that? I, personally, couldn't care less about his sexuality, and I'm sure most don't either, it may even give some another reason to be fascinated with the character, another layer of the onion that is Dumbledore to peel.. but it just gives those already crying about how the HP books promote withcraft and are evil another bone to run with. You can bet, if they're against promoting wicca and witchcraft, they are, more than likely, against being gay too. LOL So, I've been reading message boards and blogs.. as I so often do..and some are claiming it's wrong of her to have said that, and she is pandering for a little sexual titillation to bring back renewed interest in the books..like they need that!.. before Halloween. Some say she was just stating a fact, he's gay, another facet, like he has blue eyes, big deal! .. and some believe she did it as a jab at those who try to ban the HP book, etc.. another bone to chew. Well, I don't know why she did it.. but I'm wondering what people think about it. So, what do you think?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: