Thursday, November 01, 2007

Idiots Who Don't Know Their Job

 


Today is the first official day of NaBloPoMo and I almost screwed up the very first day. It's 11:00 p.m. and I'm just getting in my post for today, because my computer decided to stop working this morning. I fired it up this morning and it stayed on for about 10 minutes, and then it shut itself off. So, I turned it on again.. and after about 10 minutes it shut itself off again. I popped open the case to have a look and saw that the CPU fan had stopped working,so the processor was overheating and shutting it off. I was not a happy camper, at all! Of course, since I don't have a car, I had to call my dad and see if I could get him to run to CompUsa for me and get me a new fan. They had some running around to do but agreed to go to Best Buy instead of CompUsa, because the closest CompUsa is on the other side of the river...way far from here.. This wouldn't be a problem, except for the fact that the morons who work at Best Buy don't know their ass from their elbow. They said they didn't have CPU fans, even though the girl I talked to when I called to ask if they did told me that they did have them. They had case fans, but no CPU fans. Now, I'm no computer genious, but I could have sworn I remembered J having several fans in his case, and the CPU fan and he bought them all at the same time and the same place..they're pretty much standard..but I was assured this was not the case by the mental midgets at Best Buy. I then called Circuit City and was told that they didn't carry CPU fans by themselves, I would have to buy a whole heat sink with the fan.. to the tune of about 30.00 Since I wasn't there to look at the fans myself, I agree, thinking they must know what they'r talking about..they're the computer guys. The thing they brought to me was a totally different style than the one I have already and there was no way it was going to fit into my case..so I screwed the fan off of the heat sink and screwed the fan onto the heat sink I already had, and it works like a charm! Next time, i'll know better than to listen to those idiots.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: