Saturday, November 17, 2007

Oh well, I tried...

So, I've really kinda screwed the pooch on this NaBloPoMo thing. I haven't quite managed to post every day..or even nearly every day. As luck would have it, I had some computer problems this month, and a few work issues I needed to deal with, and I've been busy working on updates to my starrbrite.com to get that straightened out. It kinda needs an overhaul. Plus I've been spending a lot of time on Gather and with various other stuff..so, needless to say, my blog posting hasn't been what it should be. But, on the up side, I am still averaging more than 1 post every few months now, so that's a good thing. There's really not a whole big bunch else going on around here. I have a few topics I plan to post about soon, when I have time to sit down and do it.. but for now I'm just hanging out. I can't believe this week is Thanksgiving already! this year has just flown by. Things were kinda up in the air as to what we'd be doing for dinner this year, because my sister usually makes dinner and she has to work this year. There was talk of ordering dinner from Winn Dixie or Publix or something, but we just can't wrap our heads around paying 40.00 to 70.00 for a less than 20 pound turkey and 2 sides, some gravy and a few rolls. It's nice to not have to cook, but it's just not worth it. So, we decided that she'll make the turkey, gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes and sweet potato casserole and me and mom will make everything else. I'm looking forward to it. I've actually got a little bit of holiday spirit already, and this is early for me. Maybe thats because they started putting Christmas decorations up on Halloween day, and at least 1 radio station around here is playing Christmas music 24/7 already..nothing like rushing things a bit.. but, I guess making the holiday season last as long as possible isn't a bad thing. Mmmm.. cant wait for Turkey Day!

No comments: